Introduction of Laboratory
The Laboratory of Handball Coaching Studies at the University of Tsukuba is exploring coaching theories that enable children to acquire solid skills while enjoying handball, and coaching theories that maximize and sustainably improve the abilities of players and teams. We also apply the theory to practical activities to create and disseminate a handball coaching style suitable for the new era.
Handball B license, German Handball Federation
Elite Coach, Danish Handball Federation
CCM（Commission of Coaching and Methods）Lecturer, International Handball Federation
Handball C license, German Handball Federation
Handball, Seminar of Handball Coaching
Exercises in Handball Coaching, Seminar of Handball Coaching
Coaching Science Research Method, Case Study Methods of Coaching Science
Philosophy and Ethics of Coaching
PhD Completion Students
- FUNAKI Hiroto, March 25, 2021
- NAKAYAMA Saori, March 25, 2020
- NAGANO Shota, March 25, 2020
Main Research Activities
- FUJIMOTO Hajime, NAKAMUARA Tsuyoshi, AIDA Hiroshi and YAMADA Eiko
Investigation of a coach’s ability to understand the situation in a ball game team for tactical planning, focusing on kinesthetic ability.
Japan Journal of Physical Education, Health and Sport Sciences, 68, 51-70, 2023.
- HIRAMOTO Keisuke, AIDA Hiroshi，FUJIMOTO Hajime YAMADA Eiko and Miguel-Ángel GÓMEZ
The relationship between shots and rebounded areas in handball games．
International Journal of Performance Analysis in Sport，2022.
- KATO Ryosuke，KAMEDA Toshihiro，YAMADA Eiko，FUJIMOTO Hajime and AIDA Hiroshi
Machine learning for handball game analysis using valid statistics linked to victory.
Proceedings of the 9th International Performance Analysis Workshop and Conference & 5th IACSS Conference，118-121, 2022．
Foreign Contract Researchers
- Ökrös Csaba (The University of Physical Education, Hungary) May 2013
- Attila Heim (The University of Physical Education, Hungary, PhD Candidate) April-June 2018
Foreign Guest Speakers
- Alejandro Trejo (The University of Extremadura, Spain, PhD Candidate) October 2019
- Daniel Andrä (Leipzig University, Germany) October 2018
- Andorka Sandor (International Handball Federation, Playing Rules and Referees Commission) February 2018
- Sten Kaj Larsen (Oure højskole) March 2012
- Hans Hessellund (Nordjyllands Idrætshøjskole) September-October 2010
- Seoul National University (Korea)
- Leipzig University (Germany)
- The University of Münster (Germany)
- The University of Physical Education (Hungary)
- University of Ljubljana (Slovenia)
- Idrætshøjskolen Ikast (Denmark)
Laboratory of Handball Coaching Studies
Institute of Health and Sport Sciences, University of Tsukuba
1-1-1 Tennodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8574, Japan
* Please replace # with @.